Foster carers come in all shapes and sizes and can be as individual as the children they Foster. Anyone can apply to Foster if you have a spare bedroom for a Foster Child to call their own.
Contact us Or call 0800 7747901.
What all foster carers do have in common is a spare bedroom; the patience, integrity and core values to care for and nurture a child; and a stable home
(but you don’t need to own it!)
• You may be gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or straight;
• You may be a parent already, or have no children of your own;
• You can be single, married or have a partner;
• You MUST have a spare bedroom at home for a foster child to call their own (there should also be room for children to play and do their homework);
• You don’t need any formal qualiﬁcations or child care experience but you do have to have the character and compassion to look after children;
• You do need to be available to work full time as a professional foster carer (you may be working part time or in receipt of some benefits);
• You can own your house or rent (as long as it’s stable);
• You can apply to foster whatever your cultural background or religious beliefs;
• You can continue fostering past retirement age, as long as your health is good.
Foster carer benefits Recruitment Criteria
What training will I receive?
You will need a variety of skills and qualities that enable you to meet the needs of the children and young people that you look after. Many of these you may have already but we offer all our foster carers a comprehensive training and development plan to give you all the tools you need to be an excellent foster carer.